This year, SOCC offers SOC Outreach Grants to full-time graduate students for participating in the conference and workshop events and activities with the sponsorship from IEEE Circuits and Systems (CAS) Society Outreach Initiative. The grant covers the student registration fees for the SOCC2015 Tutorial and the SOCC2015 Conference and partially the travel expenses. The accepted students are required to register in advance for both SOCC2015 Tutorial and Conference. The registration fees and travel costs will be reimbursed at the conference for those who attend the workshop and conference.
The SoC Outreach Workshop is specially designed to encourage graduate students to join SoC research field and gain insight of research challenges and opportunities. All applicants should meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must be full-time students pursuing a Master’s /Ph.D degree in the field relevant to VLSI/SoC community.
- Applicants must be non-author student attendees of the conference.
- Applicants are student members of IEEE CAS Society. If you are not a CAS member yet, you are highly encouraged to join IEEE CAS Society now (student membership fee is only $10).
All applicants should provide the following information in one single PDF file.
- Applicant’s resume
- A student poster proposal including title and abstract
- Recipients should register by Aug. 30, 2014. The registration fees will be reimbursed at the end of the conference for those who attend the workshop and conference and return the feedback form.
- Grant awardees are expected to attend all workshop events and activities and selected conference sessions each day.
- All recipients must participate in surveys to provide their evaluation, feedback and concerns.
- The awardees are encouraged to timely share their conference & workshop experience by using social media (twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Check reimbursement will be processed on the last date of the conference with proof of travel expenses incurred by the recipients.
- Submission deadline: Aug. 25, 2015
- Award notification: Aug. 26, 2015